For providing continuous protection to the devices and the computer network these devices are connected to, McAfee has become a reputed name in the online security domain. Different McAfee security solutions that consumers and businesses use nowadays can efficiently fight against the viruses and avoid their occurrence on a PC or mobile phone.
All you need to do is choose a right security solution from the McAfee product portfolio at mcafee.com/activate. Apart from protecting your devices, McAfee also takes care that no file occupies unnecessary storage on your device. McAfee Shredder is the program that takes care of the complete removal of the files you want to delete.
It works better than the normal delete in a manner that when you remove a file ordinarily, it doesn’t get deleted permanently. In other words, the residual files still remain stored in the background. The McAfee Shredder comes up as a part of the McAfee Security Suite, which means you don’t need to install it separately.
To securely delete the files using McAfee Shredder, follow these instructions:
- Double-click the installed McAfee software, which is McAfee Security Suite
- Go to Data Protection and Backup section
- Choose Shredder and then choose the folder you wish to remove or shred
- You can choose from the following:
- Recycle Bin
- Temporary Internet Files
- Let Me Choose – to select a particular folder other than the aforementioned two
- Select the type of shred from the following
- Basic- For deep cleaning
- Comprehensive- Renders stronger security
- Complete- Remove the targeted data completely
- Quick- The fastest shred
- Safe- Offers extra security but takes a bit extra time
- Now hit Shred
- Please note if you have selected Let Me Choose to specify your file location, you will be asked to choose the folder to shred
- Hit Shred on the confirmation window
For further queries related to McAfee Activate or McAfee Shredder, kindly visit the contact us section at McAfee’s official website or contact its customer support team.