McAfee offers comprehensive cybersecurity solutions to secure your computers, Android phones, network, endpoints, and cloud from the risk of viruses, malware, and other security threats. It is important to make sure that your devices are secure along with all your private data. Although the antivirus is a next-gen guard for your computer, it sometimes causes an error that needs to uninstall McAfee.
The software, on the other hand, instantly detects and blocks viruses and malware as it deploys real-time protection. Yet, if users stuck with some fatal error, it is suggested to remove the program manually. Also, make sure if your access to mcafee.com/activate is valid and your subscription is active.
Some common errors that fix with a default start require uninstalling McAfee. In addition, removing few files from the main storage location will not solve the problem, in fact, it will cause an error to McAfee uninstall.
Why McAfee uninstall? – McAfee Errors
- McAfee won’t install windows 7
- McAfee drive encryption fatal error
- McAfee update problem
- McAfee update error Mac
- Login error with McAfee account
- Activation not successfully
- McAfee activation is not valid
- Unlicensed product
- Device not compatible
- Insufficient storage space
- McAfee firewall keeps turning off
- McAfee vault disappeared
- McAfee vault won’t lock
- Unable to link McAfee cloud bridge account
- Unable to register new cloud account
- Internal configuration error
- Software conflicts or PC slowing down
More such error may take place when you perform actions without guidance. Such actions may cause fatal errors and you will need to uninstall McAfee. However, you can reinstall it again, but with guidance. Before you carry on to install a newer version of the antivirus, make sure to uninstall the older or available version.
How to uninstall McAfee from Window?
- Click on Windows button
- For Windows 10: Go to settings
- For Windows 7 or older version: Go to Control panel
- Click on Systems> Apps and features/Programs & features
- From the appeared list, find McAfee uninstall and click on the option
- Click uninstall
- Click Ok when the confirmation pop-up appears
Do not cancel the McAfee uninstall window else, it will cause errors. Now, if you are a Mac user, the steps to uninstall McAfee is different. To remove the software from Mac, follow the steps below.
How to uninstall McAfee from Mac?
- Click Finder application (a partial blue and white face icon)
- From the list of Favorites, click Applications
- An application window will appear that contains all the installed program in your Mac computer
- Scroll down and find McAfee to uninstall it
- Click on the icon to go to the next window
- On the next page, click Files, form the menu on top
- Select Move to trash
- Now, click and hold in the trash button
- Select ‘Empty trash’
You have now successfully removed McAfee Activate from your Mac computer. In case of any problem, connect to the official service provider. Doing it yourself, without any guidance, may cause complications in the error.