McAfee is an American global computer security software company that develops and distributes top-end security solutions to the consumers and businesses. McAfee antivirus protects your devices, data, software, and applications from harmful online threats such as viruses, malware, spyware, Trojans, and phishing scams. While purchasing a McAfee activate antivirus, it is always recommended to create a McAfee My Account.
Why create McAfee My Account?
Creating a McAfee account is necessary to manage and access the following:
- McAfee subscription details
- McAfee auto-renewal
- Adding, modifying or deleting your payment details (credit card or debit card)
- McAfee product key that is required for the activation and re-installation
- McAfee reinstallation
- Add or delete a device in case you have purchased a subscription for multiple PCs
How to create McAfee My Account?
You can create a new McAfee account either by visiting McAfee’s official website or during McAfee activate antivirus purchase. Here are the instructions for both these:
From the official website
- Visit mcafee.com/activate
- Choose from Consumers or Businesses
- Hit My Account from the navigation menu and then click Sign In
- Click Register Now
- Enter the required details and set a secure password
- Hit I Agree
- Follow the further instructions and it’s done!
During McAfee Antivirus Purchase
- While purchasing McAfee, you will be asked to create an account
- Provide the required details
- Set a secure password and it’s done!