McAfee, a security software company based in the US delivers all the necessary security software for devices like computers, Android, iOS, and Mac. The organization frees you to choose the purchase mode as per your ease. Users can shop for the product through the official online website as well as from a retail store.
While purchasing the software online, you receive a unique activation code on your registered email address, whereas in an offline purchase, you collect McAfee retail card. Having an active McAfee product supports you to protect all the data save on cloud and device memory, increases device’s performance, clears unnecessary files to make space, synchronizes with its could memory to create a backup, increases the potential life of a device, blocks viruses and other risks penetrating your mobile, computer or tab.
To get all the mentioned protection measures you can go for McAfee Total protection. However, it is necessary to download and install the software in a proper manner. Uninstall any other antivirus or even McAfee, if you are going to activate it for the first time. Doing this will prevent faults and errors and you get the latest version. The activated software works better to secure the device.
McAfee MTP retailcard activation
The procedure of activating and reactivating the product via McAfee MTP retail card is more or less the same. The variation could be observed due to the web browser and its version. Before you start with executing the steps of McAfee retail card activation, make sure you update the browser because there are extensions that hinder certain pages while surfing.
Once you full-fill all the needs, proceed to execute the steps below explain how to activate the software using McAfee retail card.
Activate or reactivate your McAfee total protection:
- Click on the Windows button and search for McAfee total protection in the search field
- On the home page, check if the subscription is going to expire
- If the subscription has already extended the validity, you will see an option of Activate or update button
- Click on the Update/ Activate option
- You are now directed to the web page where you need to login to your McAfee account
- If you have not logged out from the account, you will be taken directly to your profile
- If you have McAfee MTP retail card and you are activating the software for the first time, you need to create an account on McAfee.com/activate
- Enter the license key code in its respective field and submit
- You now own an activate antivirus software
After activating the software, perform a deep PC scan to remove any risk. If the software does not scan a file or stop working, there is probably some problem with it. What possible issues may occur are mentioned below.
Common McAfee errors:
- Wrong product key that does not belong to the country and language you selected
- Unable to continue auto update
- Real-time scanning is off
- Verification problems
- Unable to continue the installation
- The device is not compatible
Users may also encounter other errors, which could be more complex to fix. Therefore, it is recommended not to change settings unless an expert directs you. In order to receive guidance from a professional, get McAfee customer support for an instant response.